25.9.14

Eurasia, my party girl...

...


I am in Kazakstan.
In Almaty, not really the capital city.





As escaped from a shipwreck, a bunch of us, hanging on the rules, on the program.



Long day hours to write, interrupted by the cleaning lady's hoover and by a neighbouring master expecting soluble coffee, 5 times a day...


Sleepless nights for whatever reasons...

Lavish organized visits and traditional horse meat (and sausages), lunches, dinners, en cas...




Harsh bitter-sweet shared stories, looking straight in the eye of people I barely know,
who were with me as in a lifetime...

Sounds and sites that are so different...and that aren't...

oddly enough, I feel very much at home...

...among the 10 films in competition (or 12) at EURASIA,
of which I have already seen 9, there is my fellows' from the FEMIS' piece of work
that tantalizes my mind...

"Party Girl" ( France 2014, by Mari Amachoukeli, Claire Burger, Samuel Theis)
speaks to a side of me
that I could,yes,  
I might be,
I was
in a previous life...
So I ultimately enter
in the Almaty cinema
and watch it again...

...and I saw a woman…
Filled with jewelry that shines and a wild hair bun…
...her name is Angélique,
she’s been a cabaret dancer for 30 years in Alsace and Lorraine.

She used to dance over her legs and ass.
One day, she has to stop.



She puts her clothes back on,
and does all bars,
drifts out in the night until daylight…
She has 4 kids with 4 different men…
One of them, gorgeous man and actor, leaves Paris for saving her.
She goes into rehab.
He writes a movie:
his mother will be its heroine.

Everything is false and everything is true in “Party Girl”.
There is the real family,
and the fiction of a documentary.

 
All the rest is written, acted, segmented
in a funny sort of deviancy
à la Cassavetes
and with a filthy twist
as in the films of Fassbinder…



Precisely as my devouring Almaty vibes...



giulia dobre

No comments:

Post a Comment